Informal survey. Indulge me as I take a break from grading.
- Do you have a particular time of day when your brain is at its peak?
- Are there particular foods that seem to encourage or discourage the thought process?
- How many hours a day of active “brain work” are you good for?
- How much sleep do you need at night?
- Coffee drinker or no?
As for me:
- Relatively early in the morning and then later in the evening. Afternoons are usually not so good.
- I wish I could figure this one out.
- In the neighborhood of 8, I think, but it has to be varied work. I can’t grade for 8 hours straight, for example, or read, or write.
- The recommended 8 hours. I will wake up after 8 without an alarm clock.
- Yes, but I aspire to caffeine-free existence.