- History of Literacy Website, which includes the History of Reading Special Interest Group and a list of “Organizations, Publications, and Links Related to the History of Literacy”.
- The Reading Experience Database 1450-1914
(RED) launched by the British Library and the UK Open University
- Center for Studies in Oral Tradition at the University of Missouri-Columbia, which features this subject-based index to the journal Oral Tradition
- The Media History Project Connections Pages: Oral & Scribal Culture
- Oral Culture to Early Print Culture: Memory Machines, Information Design, Economics of Media Systems
- The Diary Research Website, includes a Bibliography of Diaries from 838AD to 1997AD.