Sitting here at Coffee Girls, which has on-again-off-again wifi, I learn from Kathleen that Jacques Derrida has died. She links to a number of obits.
I can’t say that my work is heavily influenced by Derrida, or by deconstruction, but I’ve always liked his essay, “…That Dangerous Supplement….”
Update: See also…
- “Jacques Derrida, resquiescat in pace, and may his work trouble us all,” by Michael BČrubČ
- “Jacques Derrida,” by Jack M. Balkin
- “Gift of Jacques Derrida,” at Mormon Metaphysics
- “Jacques Derrida, Abstruse Theorist, Dies at 74,” by Jonathan Kandell (NY Times)
- “Jacques Derrida Dies; Deconstructionist Philosopher,” by Patricia Sullivan (WaPo)