Everybody, I think, knows about the Friday shuffle: generate a random list of songs from your digital music player, post the first ten.
I’d like to propose something different: enter a word into your computer’s mp3-playing software and see what pops up. If the word is contained in the name of an album, post the artist and album title. If the word is contained in the name of a song, post the artist and song title.
Today’s word is “wish.” Whaddya got? Here are mine:
- “Bullet Proof…I Wish I Was,” by Radiohead
- “How I Wish,” by Keith Richards
- “Wish,” by Alien Ant Farm
- “I Wish My Baby Was Born,” by Uncle Tupelo
- “Blown a Wish,” by My Bloody Valentine
- “I Wished on the Moon,” by Billie Holiday
- “A Single Wish,” by This Mortal Coil
- “WishFulfillment,” by Sonic Youth
- “I Wish I Was the Moon,” by Neko Case
- “Wishful Thinking,” by Wilco
I have exactly ten songs with this word in the title. Weird.
The first person to respond with their “wish” songs gets to pick the word for next week.