I think my brain can’t decide which time zone I’m in.
- Pitchfork Media lets us know the tour dates for the newly reunited original lineup of Dinosaur Jr. No, I won’t be living anywhere they’re playing. Very inconsiderate of them, if you ask me. If you live in D.C./Atlanta and do not plan on going to see them at the 9:30 Club/Variety Playhouse, then you’re a damn fool. Unless you don’t like your ears bleeding. Then I understand.
- PFM also reports that the White Stripes are coming to the Starlight Theater in KC on August 23. Two thoughts:
- I will be living somewhere other than Kansas City on August 23.
- The Starlight Theater does not sound like a place I want to go to see a band.
- Oh wait! Ryan Adams and the Cardinals will be playing in Manchester on June 29! … Sold out?
- Then again, if I want to see someone get drunk and fall down on stage, there’s always Shane MacGowan.
- Hmm, Television on the 23rd of June. Saw them last year, and don’t have a burning desire to see them again.
- Holy crap! There’s an amazing series called Patti Smith’s Meltdown taking place in London this week:
- Patti Smith, Chan Marshall (Cat Power), and Kevin Shields (My Bloody Valentine) performing together this Wednesday right here in London!
- And she’s performing with John Cale (Velvet Underground) on Satuday.
- An homage to William Blake in the form of a tribute to Jimi Hendrix…that sounds a little flakey.
- Looks like they’re all sold out.
- Well, there’s also a tribute to Bertolt Brecht featuring Marc Almond, The Finn Brothers, Antony & The Johnsons, Martha Wainwright, Dresden Dolls, Sparks, London Sinfonietta, The Tiger Lillies, and Patti Smith. Hmm, could be interesting. Sinfonietta collaborated with Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood recently. I dig the Dresden Dolls. And who doesn’t love Soft Cell’s Marc Almond? A damn fool. That’s who.
Oh, Morpheus. Why must you taunt me so?