There’s only one nerd-magnet movie that matters this summer: X2: X-Men United.
- Official movie website
- Official comic website
- IMDB entry
- Robert W. Butler, Kansas City Star: “Sequel Undergoes Its Own Evolution”
- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun Times: “Dumb, but good.”
- Eleanor Ringel Gillespie, Atlanta Journal & Constitution: “More X-citing Than the First Film”
- Stephen Hunter, Washington Post: “Missing a Why, It Spawns Zzzzs”
- Glenn Lovell, San Jose Mercury News: “Big, Noisy, Chaotic, and About 30 Minutes Too Long”
- A. O. Scott, New York Times: “Good vs. Evil, With Marvelous Muscles”
- Stephanie Zacharek, Salon.com: “Sleek and Sexy with Delicious Characters and Effects”
Hey, don’t be steppin’ on my boys, the Wachowski brothers. Any mainstream film that can incorporate Hong Kong style action and Baudrillard is okay by me.
I have to agree with chuck. This month of may is geek-o-licious, from M to X (and the Hulk in June!).
By the way, how was X2?
Yes, fill us in… I saw “Bend it Like Beckhem” on Friday, so X-2 has to wait for the next weekend. Was 2 better than 1?
Longer entry on X2 coming at a later date.