There’s a dark and a troubled side of life
There’s a bright and a sunny side too
Though we meet with the darkness and strife
The sunny side we also may view
Liz argues for the positive effects of “actively listing and talking about the good things in … life.” Right on. Here’s what I’m grateful for:
- A job in which my primary responsibility is to read, write, and talk about things that fascinate me.
- Being surrounded by plenty of smart, generous people.
- Living in a city with oodles of places to get good coffee, a number of good restaurants, two impressive art museums, and more than one art-house movie theater.
- An encouraging family, proud of my accomplishments.
- A world of bloggers to read and engage. Really, starting this weblog was one of the best things I did this past year.
- Good friends who keep me sane.
Most of all I’m grateful for eleven and a half years of life with L, without whom none of the above would matter.
Blessings in 2003
From Liz Lawley (via George, a reminder of the material benefits of optimism. So, here goes: The boy. His mother,…
Looking Ahead/Looking Back
In a sense, all of my blog entries are Janus-faced, looking in two directions simultaneously: into the past they are in the process of recording and into the future where they may (or may not) be received. The beginning of…