Don’t read this autobiographically, dear reader, but I’ve been wondering (based on a number of conversations with others recently) if there might be a universal theory of calling it quits. How can you tell when it’s time to…
- …end a bad romantic relationship?
- …give up on a creative project?
- …toss an intellectual project in the dustbin?
- …stop taking your drunk relative’s calls?
- …leave an unsatisfying job?
- …cease trying to rehabilate an unproductive bunch of students?
Or do you take Winston Churchill’s words to heart and never give up?