And on September 1, I’ll be hosting Teaching Carnival #11. Please tag any relevant entries or gmail me with the links: georgehwilliams. You can tag or send your own entries, or those written by others. I’ll repeat some of the things I wrote before…
Any and all topics are welcome, but I thought I’d throw out a call for some specific things, too. Please do me two favors: post an announcement regarding TC #11 on your blog, and email a few bloggers you know who might be unaware of the Teaching Carnival series.
- What are you doing differently this year compared to last year? Why?
- What kind of preparation for teaching did you get in grad school? Was it adequate? What should have been done differently? How are you preparing the next generation of grad students for the classroom? How does the way you were taught affect the way you teach?
- What sorts of innovative writing assignments are you using? I am particularly interested in disciplines other than English, since I believe that writing should be a part of almost all courses. How do you evaluate your students’ writing? Do you use a rubric?
- Are your students engaged in service learning? What kinds of connections between the classroom and the community are you making?
- How does information technology figure into your teaching?